Durham Youth Services is supported by the community it serves. As with all charity organizations we rely on a mix of paid staff and volunteers to continue the great work we do.
Vacant volunteer positions available:
We currently have vacant positions on our board of directors and are looking for volunteers searching for an opportunity to make a positive impact in our community!
Qualified candidates will ideally have previous experience serving on a board of directors, and/or serving on a committee. Durham Youth Services’ board is proud to reflect the diversity and vibrancy of our community by seeking community-minded leaders, particularly with knowledge of and experience in finance, law enforcement and legal, and have community connections and influence.
The term of the appointment is two (2) years beginning September 2021.
Board candidates should be:
- willing to advocate for DYS and champion its issues;
- a strong team player
- prepared to engage and focus on DYS’ needs
- prepared to attend regularly scheduled Board meetings and other meetings as required
- an active participant on one or more committees
For a full description of the role and expectations download the role guidelines.
Interested individuals should apply with a copy of your CV and letter of interest to – email@example.com. We thank everyone who applies but only candidates will be contacted.
Other volunteer opportunities
Additional opportunities for volunteering include but are not limited to:
- Volunteering for the occasional two-hour bingo shift at Delta Pickering Bingo (DYS is one of the many local charities that benefit from the support of Delta Bingo & Gaming (Pickering))
- Hosting a fundraiser in your workplace, school, or church
- Helping with gardening and home projects
For more information, please complete the Volunteer Application Form and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Make A Donation
As the only youth shelter in Durham Region, now with a growing range of services, we want to ensure that we respond to the real needs of the youth in our community.